Saturday, January 7, 2012

Surfing at Doran Beach, CA

When I say "surfing", I'm using that word very loosely.  I did manage to ride a couple of nice waves.  The water was only 52 degrees and I fell in a lot.  Luckily, the air temp was really nice, probably close to 60 degrees.  There were quite a few surfers down the beach but didn't see anyone on a SUP.  I tried out my new Werner Nitro paddle.  I really like this paddle, I think it's going to be great for surfing, it's very light and very easy to maintain a high cadence.

Surfing is NOT easy and not for the timid.  I have a huge amount of respect for the people that make it look effortless.  It was a really nice day today, probably waist high sets, not too choppy and very light wind.  I would write more but I'm so tired!  Here are some pictures from today.

Little Naty-Loo Who.

Catching a rail and taking a swim.

Blessed to live so close to the ocean.

Taking another water sample.

Letting Natalie sit on the boad while I controlled the tail with one hand and held her PFD with the other.

My new Werner Nitro.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment