I wanted to use them a while before writing the review to provide an honest assessment. I have been wearing them a lot both on and off the water. I liked them so much I wore them during an entire day of cross-country travel. I admit, I have hot sweaty feet. These things are amazing for keeping your feet cool. A lot of shoes have breathable uppers but these have lots of drainage in the sole. This allows a lot of air to circulate around your feet as you walk. Keeping the soles of your feet cool is really, really nice.
Here are some pros and cons of these shoes:
- They are very breathable
- Water drains very quickly from the soles
- Very comfortable for casual wear
- Look like regular shoes!
- Loads of grip from the sole while on the board, and good grip on wet docks and ramps
- Soft, thin soles help maintain a good feel of the board
- Not stinky even after wearing all day!
- Insides are impregnated with a "fruity" smell
- Bright, weird colors are a pro for me as I grew up in the 80s. Others may not like the colors.
- Fine sand will enter the bottom of the shoes through the mesh-covered drainage holes
- Sharp rocks may puncture the mesh drainage holes
- Very lightweight, probably not ideal for rough terrain, portaging, etc.