Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Northern California Downwinder Season!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's here.  The wind.  The wind is here for real (the Tomales Bay buoy showed 28 mph at around 4:25 pm).  Today I'm sitting in my home office working, and there is a contractor here cleaning lint from my dryer.  I'm constantly checking facebook to see who is doing what today and where they are doing it.  Some are doing a "Windy Wednesday" with the Barbary Ghost, some are on Tomales Bay, some are just surfing little bumps on the river.  Me?  Just working.  A little sad that I'm missing out for sure but I know this is just the beginning.  There are many "SUP Safari" adventures aboard the Ghost, the Davenport race, and Tomales Bay runs with my DownFrienders. My friend Matt Palmariello and I are even running a three day downwinder camp on Tomales Bay in about three weeks.

Let the downwind season begin!  I can be patient.  I know there are plenty of bumps for everyone. Surfing for miles at a time with no line-up, no waiting, and no problems.  Not a care in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment